Lightweight Structures Module
Nature uses precisely designed structures to create shapes that fit the needs of strength, flexibility and rigidness while still keeping them as light as possible. Manufacturing similar lightweight structures has always been challenging and often impossible to achieve with traditional manufacturing technologies.
One of the key advantages of 3D Printing is the flexibility to create shapes which are impossible or too costly to produce with traditional technologies. The Materialise 3-matic Lightweight Structures Module realizes one of the most promising potentials of the 3D printing industry: optimizing your designs and translating them into lightweight components.
Key Benefits of the Lightweight Structures Module
- Choose from a wide variety of structures
- Add or design your own unit structures
- Apply it internally, following the surface or other options
- Optimize your designs based on analysis
- Process complex designs with the slice-based technology of the Build Processor