Do you want to apply functional textures to your model or reduce the weight of your part with a lattice structure? Choose the module that fits your needs.
Key Benefits of the Texturing Module
- Ensure printability and avoid excessive STL file sizes with slice-based technology
- Handle highly complex surfaces efficiently
- Have full control over the creation of new textures and how they are applied on your model
- Reduce lead time by incorporating textures in your design rather than as a post-processing step
- Keep confidential 3D designs or finished parts in your business
- Use textures to reduce the visibility of the slices in the printed part, minimizing the need for sanding and improving the overall looks
Key Benefits of the Lattice Structures Module
- Choose from a wide variety of structures
- Add or design your own unit structures
- Apply it internally, following the surface or other options
- Optimize your designs based on analysis
- Process complex designs with the slice-based technology of the Build Processor
Key benefits of the Scripting module
- Achieve more consistency results between different users
- Avoid human error
- Do more design iterations/variations
- Create a workflow that could easily be expanded and adapted for future projects
All Imports Module
With the Materialise 3-matic All Imports Module, you can create STL data from native and non-native CAD data, including IGES, VDA, Vrml, Catia V4, V5 and V6, UG, Pro-E and STEP files. In addition, it offers import and meshing functionality for point cloud data.
CAD Link Module
The Materialise 3-matic CAD Link Module gives you the possibility to easily bring your file back to CAD. As a combination of the segmentation tools and intelligent automatic splitting, this module offers you the complete solution to convert STL files to IGES or STEP.
Included in the conversion is a feature recognition where the basic analytical shapes will be converted with the correct parameters, while the organic regions will be converted to NURBS to obtain a fully parametric design.
The Materialise 3-matic Remesh Module allows you to fully prepare your parts for CAE applications. The surface mesh is optimized through different manual and automatic remesh operations, which control the quality and size of the part’s surface triangulation.
The Remesh Module also offers a volume meshing functionality, which lets you create Tet4 and Tet10 volume meshes. These surface meshes and volume meshes can be exported to Fluent, Ansys, Abaqus, Comsol, Patran and Nastran file formats. Additionally, the lightweight beams designed in Materialise 3-matic can be exported to Abaqus and Optistruct, which allows you to fully analyze the structural integrity of your lightweight part before printing.