How 3D Pre-Op Planning and Printing Can Help with the Difficult Glenoid
by Mr. Inigo Guisasola, MD, PhD, DMS
Consultant Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon, the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals, UK
What you’ll learn in this webinar
- How 3D Printing fits into the practice at the hospital
- The five benefits of 3D Printing in glenoid surgeries according to Dr. Guisasola
- Why using 3D-printed models helps preparing for surgery
- How Dr. Guisasola prepared for a complex surgery with the help of a clinical engineer and what the results were
- His recommendations on using 3D Printing as part of the build-up before surgery and during surgery
Mr. Inigo Guisasola obtained his medical degree from Navarra University in Spain. His orthopedic postgraduate training was then undertaken in Madrid (Spain). He now is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital Trust specializing in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and a member of BESS (British Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Society). He has a particular interest in keyhole surgery for shoulder and elbow conditions, as well as reconstructive and replacement surgery of the shoulder and the elbow.
Dr. Guisasola got in touch with Materialise in 2014 when he was looking for a way to treat some serious glenoid defects.