Mimics Certification Program
Set up a 3D lab validated for diagnostic use
Start your efficient, innovation-driven, and patient-centric 3D printing facility at the point of care with hardware and software that are fully certified for diagnostic applications. In this program, we work with hardware manufacturers to identify printers and materials compatible with Mimics so you can start your 3D lab with confidence.
A solid foundation
Start your hospital 3D lab with Materialise Mimics — the world’s first 3D printing software certified for clinical use — and hardware that’s fully compatible.
Save time and reduce the burden on your quality control processes by starting with pre-vetted printers and materials.
Build internal and external credibility for your new 3D lab by using certified tools and materials.
Together with leading 3D printer manufacturers, we completed rigorous testing and analysis of specific material-printer combinations. These tests determined which 3D-printed models met specific acceptance criteria for each clinical indication when adhering to the technical instructions from the machine manufacturer.
We identified combinations that may be safely used with the Materialise Mimics software to print models for diagnostic scenarios such as multidisciplinary team communication or surgical planning.
These printers and materials are suitable for orthopaedic, cranio-maxillofacial, and cardiovascular anatomical models.
FORMLABS FORM 3/3B/3BL
- Single-Material desktop SLA-printing
- The Formlabs Form 3B+/3BL printers can be ordered from Materialise as a bundle with Mimics software.
- Materials: Grey V4 FLGPGR04, Clear V4 FLGPGR04, White V4 FLGPWH04
The Formlabs Form 3B+/3BL printers can be ordered from Materialise as a bundle with Mimics software.
STRATASYS J5 MEDIJET
- Multicolor, multi-material, and biocompatible* in a single print tray
- Materials: VeroVivid™ Cyan, VeroVivid™ Magenta, VeroVivid™ Yellow, DraftWhite, MED610, MED615RGD, VeroUltraClear™S, Elastico™ Clear
- Multicolor, multi-material PolyJet printing
- Materials: Agilus, VeroBlackPlus, VeroClear, VeroCyan, VeroGrey, VeroMagenta, VeroPureWhite, VeroYellow
- Multicolor, multi-material Digital Anatomy™ PolyJet printing
- Materials: Agilus, Vero BlackPlus, VeroClear, VeroCyan, VeroGrey, VeroMagenta, VeroPureWhite, VeroYellow
STRATASYS OBJET30 PRIME
- Single-material desktop-based PolyJet printing with biocompatible materials*
- Material: MED610
HP MJF 580
- Jet fusion multicolor
- Material: 3D HR CB PA 12
- Dual-material desktop extrusion printing
- Material: PLA
*Materialise does not take any ownership of this statement.