Key highlights of the webinar:
- How a 3D pre-operative plan and analysis helps you gain a better understanding of a particular defect and how it can shift the surgical strategy.
- Explore the most important values and benefits of patient-specific solutions, illustrated by hands-on case examples – including extensive post-op results.
- How to determine the range of indications that can trigger a patient-specific hip solution and how to convince your hospital team.
- How to overcome the challenges of applying these solutions to your first surgery.
- Tips and tricks for fellow surgeons who are new to these techniques.
- The practicalities of working with engineers to optimize the individualized implant design, screw length, and positioning plan.
- How to involve the patient and how to leverage the trial models for improved patient communication.
Prof. Dr. med. Wippermann studied medicine at the University of Marburg, at Hanover Medical School and at the Mayo Clinic. He received his medical license in 1982 and his specialist certification in surgery in 1992. He has been an attending physician at the Clinic for Trauma Surgery in Hannover and has become the Head of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery at the HELIOS Hospital Hildesheim in Germany in 2001. He is a member of several specialist societies since 1986. He specializes in:
- Endoprostheses and joint surgery
- Correction of malunions and malpositioning of the limbs
- Musculoskeletal tumor surgery