What you’ll learn in this webinar
- The difference between 2D and 3D images and concrete examples of why 3D images influences the surgical strategy
- How Dr. Nijs uses 3D images and planning pre-, intra- and post-operatively
- What SurgiCase is and how the platform can be used to prepare for surgery
- Case stories and practical examples, illustrated by pictures and videos of how Dr. Nijs uses the 3D technique in his daily practice
- The four benefits of incorporating 3D software technology and 3D Printing in the surgical workflow according to Dr. Nijs
Professor Dr. Stefaan Nijs studied at KU Leuven and is currently an Associate Professor of Medicine at the same university. He is Chairman of Trauma Surgery at the University Hospital UZ Leuven and specializes in polytrauma care, treating injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, peripheral nerves, reconstructions and treating sport accidents. Dr. Nijs, as a renowned surgeon in his field, features in the media, such as in the television show ‘Topdokters’.