Software Sales Engineer
Are you passionate about engineering? Are you analytical and communicative? Do you have a passion for 3D printing and software? Do you love to travel? Then you might just be the person we are looking for to join our team!
What you will do
- As a sales engineer, you are passionate about translating the value of our software to specific customer situations.
- You love to listen and learn, so you can apply your knowledge of our product portfolio to show our customers how they can work better and faster and deliver the highest quality.
- You own the technical sales process, using your skills and knowledge (and, even more, your awesome attitude) to convince clients and prospective users of the benefits of our software products for their business needs.
- You demonstrate our software products' functions, features, and workflows to clients and prospect users via tailored software demonstrations, meetings, and events.
- You assist our customers to ensure they get the best use of our portfolio, gather customer feedback, and identify common customer needs. Together with your own insights, you provide this as input to our product development teams.
- You are the technical contact point for our sales teams and combine your technical wizardry with their sales mastery to deliver a seamless and successful customer experience.
- You will also be responsible for technical documentation management.
- Once you master our software, you also train new and experienced customers to improve their skills and knowledge of our software products.
- You continuously look for ways we can improve our processes and develop yourself at the same time, supported by a great learning environment.
- As a sales engineer, you are part of a worldwide team, where we all bring our own knowledge, skills, and perspectives together. We support each other through sharing knowledge, creating best practices, and pushing ourselves to be the best we can be.
- You have an engineering background (computer science, electromechanical, chemical, mathematical, …) and combine this with a strong interest in software and understanding how our software enables the fastest, most efficient 3D printers to run.
- Having experience as a sales engineer (or any of its guises, such as technical presales, solution engineer, system engineer) or within additive manufacturing is a plus — interest and motivation to learn a must.
- You love to communicate and convince, and you do so fluently in English; Italian or French is a nice plus.
- You know that a software demo is more than showing functionality and want to showcase this.
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with an understanding of complex software tools.
- You are willing to see some other parts of the world (travel 20-30%).
- Experience with CAD software, rapid prototyping, additive manufacturing, or FEA are considered an advantage.
- You’re ready to work with bright people in an open environment that supports your growth.
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium or Sheffield, UK
- Full time
- Entry level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.