Software Product Owner
As a product owner, you are the software product expert who serves as the link between the customers (internal and external parties) and your software product development team. You use your knowledge of the customers, product, and market, as well as your critical thinking skills to transform user needs into tangible software solutions. Join our dynamic team if you're a proactive problem solver with a passion for software and a thirst for results.
What you will do
- Software product ownership: take ownership of the software product, serving as the expert and liaison between customers (internal and external) and the software product development team
- Requirement gathering: gather, develop, document, and validate business, functional, and technical requirements, including acceptance criteria, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of expected deliverables by the development team
- Validations: assist in the validation of newly developed features by conducting beta testing to ensure they meet the desired standards.
- Customer representation: Act as a bridge between customers, both internal and external, and the development team; maintain regular direct contact with users, gaining insights into their software usage patterns; collaborate with product line managers, product owners, sales, customer success, and customer operations teams
- Product kit: contribute to the creation of user manuals and release notes, ensuring their availability and keeping them updated before each software release
- User experience: collaborate with the UI/UX expert in the team to contribute to the design of the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for the software products
- Support: assist the team in delivering third-line support to customers, ensuring their software-related issues are resolved effectively
- Competition analysis: take charge of benchmarking Materialise products against competitors, evaluating technical aspects, such as performance and features, as part of the roadmap and strategic planning.
- Software documentation: prepare comprehensive documentation for the software development teams about new features and functionalities, ensuring a clear understanding of what should be implemented in the next release
- 3D printing process management: contribute to the development and launch of Build Processors via the Magics 3D Print Suite and Materialise’s CO-AM platform, providing a comprehensive 3D printing process management tool for industrial users
- Master’s degree in computer science, a business or technology-related field, or equivalent qualification acquired through practical experience
- Fluent in English
- A minimum of 3 years or more of experience in software development, with a significant portion of that time spent in a product-focused position
- Proficiency in agile development methodologies, with knowledge of SAFe considered a strong asset
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing and 3D printing is advantageous
- Prior experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions is a valuable asset
- Familiarity with cloud-based products is preferred
- Proactive, action-oriented, and results-driven, with a track record of taking initiative to achieve goals
- Possess an analytical and problem-solving mindset, capable of addressing complex challenges
- An effective communicator and active listener with the ability to convey a clear and coherent vision to all stakeholders
- A collaborative and energetic team player, eager to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.