Are you seeking a career in the exciting industry of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing)? Are you detail oriented with strong computer skills and a fascination with the ever-evolving technological advances in the medical field? If so, you may be just the right person for our Medical Production Operator position. Through the use of additive manufacturing techniques, our facility in Plymouth, MI produces patient-specific orthopedic surgical guides. This is a full-time, Monday through Friday day shift. Some overtime may be required. Assistance for relocation and/or visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What you will do
- Prepare SLS and/or SLA machine for builds
- Perform post processing tasks
- Perform quality check of surgical guides and models
- Maintain the match of customized product and associated documentation
- Follow procedures and follow-up to ensure proper delivery of products
- Assist in other activities at the medical production facility contributing to cross-training and teamwork
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong computer skills (MS Windows; MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Completion of an administrative, medical, or technical educational program a plus (administration, medical assistant, etc.)
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 55 lbs, up and down stairs occasionally
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, good organizational skills, and quick to learn
- Experience in completing quality checks a plus
- Willing to work flexible hours to support production needs
- Knowledgeable in the use of shipping programs (Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL, etc.)
- Previous experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment a plus
Location and type of contract
- Plymouth, USA
- Entry level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.