Medical Application Engineer
As a medical application engineer, you'll work with clinicians, biomedical engineers, surgeons, and clinical specialists to help enable and train them on the use of 3D technology. You will provide technical support and answer questions on their specific cases. You will deliver training on a 1-1 basis or in a classroom setting. You will also represent Materialise at trade shows and deliver live demonstrations of Materialise Mimics software during the sales process, ensuring the correct bespoke solution is created for each customer.
What you will do
- Network with surgeons and other healthcare professionals to ensure the safe and effective use of the Mimics software.
- Troubleshoot within existing accounts using our software to ensure all surgeons and registrars can access the software for surgical planning when needed.
- Develop a working relationship with surgeons and understand their preferences, providing essential product feedback to the product management team.
- Train new healthcare professionals to plan cases within our workflow.
- Support our commercial activities by giving demos of common case types and attending trade shows.
- Actively contribute to team meetings and discussions. Proactively suggest improvements for team organization and communication.
- Biomedical knowledge and degree-level qualification
- Previous experience with 3D software applications used by hospitals would be a plus
- UK driving license
Location and type of contract
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- Associate level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.