Device Development Engineer
As a device development engineer, you will start from an idea or early concept, gather input, and generate possible solutions/designs. The best solution will be optimized through performance and safety testing and input from surgeons or other health professionals. The output is a completely validated product that can be prepared for market launch.
What you will do
- Define the scope, requirements, and specifications of development projects in collaboration with our internal and external clients and a team of surgeons
- Opportunity spotting for new medical device applications and technologies
- Translate medical device ideas into development projects
- Design medical devices such as guides and implants
- Verify and validate product performance and safety
- Report and document according to medical device standards
- Assist in regulatory submissions
- Provide input to the process development team
- You have a master's degree in science or engineering (mechanical or biomechanical)
- You have excellent problem-solving and technical communication skills
- You enjoy working in a team and opportunity-seeking
- You can easily think in 3D and are proficient in 3D modeling
- You have project management skills
- You are analytical and have an eye for detail
- You are fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- If possible, you have 2-3 years of experience in the medical device industry
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.