Customer Service Engineer
The Customer Service Technical Support Engineer acts as first point of contact for our customers for technical product questions, incidents, and service requests related to the entire Materialise software suite. As such, you are the face of Materialise and responsible to achieve success with our customers through your expert technical knowledge and unwavering focus on delivering an industry-leading customer experience.
What you will do
- Assist customers with questions about the licensing, functioning, installation, and/or configuration of Materialise’s software products after an intial, in-depth onboarding program, according to work instructions and available (product) information.
- Assist in the resolution of technical incidents and problems related to the use, configuration, and/or setup of selected software products for our German- and English-speaking customers. Assistance is provided remotely through telephone, email, or shared web sessions.
- Collaborate closely with product experts for advanced issues, yet remain owner and main customer contact
- Increase your professional knowledge and technical skills to further optimize our internal knowledge base.
- Monitor the ticket queue and respond to all tickets within the established timelines.
- Process and manage customer data to ensure efficient handling of customers' issues according to the service level agreements.
- Help grow the customer support organization within Materialise by providing input to enhance processes and by sharing knowledge and experience
- Obtain the CompTIA A+ certification
- Report to the Customer Service Support Manager of Materialise Software. You will be based in the EMEA region, with the option to work remotely, and you will work in a global team with colleagues around the world, such as Belgium, Ukraine, US, Germany, and several Asian countries.
- Fluent written and verbal German and English language skill (written and verbal) is mandatory. Any additional languages are considered a strong plus, with Italian and French being the highest priority.
- You have a mindset of excellence and strive for continuous improvement
- Self-governing with keen attention to detail
- A customer experience focus
- You are well organized and process-minded
- Passionate to learn on the job
- You are open to work in a standby schedule which requires availability outside business hours according to this schedule
- Bachelor Degree in IT, mechanical, electrical, electronic, mechatronics, software or similar
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently and deliver clear and easy-to-follow solutions
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time efficiently
- General knowledge of desktop hardware
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows workstation operating systems
- Hands-on knowledge of server hardware, TCP/IP networks, and storage solutions (DAS, NAS, SAN, RAID).
- Familiarity in standard customer IT environments, consisting of hardware virtualization and server monitoring tools; Microsoft Windows Server Administration (installation, system management, access permissions, IIS management, disk management); and MS SQL Server Administration (installation, database management, reporting services, SQL queries).
- Experience with additive manufacturing and/or CAD software packages is a plus
- CompTIA A+ or similar IT certifications are considered a plus
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Associate level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.