Are you interested in additive manufacturing activities in a medical environment? Are you passionate about patient safety? Would you love to work at the crossroads between engineering and biology? Then it’s you we are looking for to complete our team as a Biosafety Engineer.
What you will do
- Within the Medical Business Unit, you are part of the team of specialists that ensure the biocompatibility of our medical devices and that develop and validate their cleaning, packaging, and sterilization processes.
- You participate in medical device development by supporting biological safety evaluations in accordance with ISO 10993-1 and by executing cleaning and sterilization process validations. Additionally, you develop new or optimized packaging for sterile and non-sterile medical devices and test their performance. You set up and take part in monitoring programs to ensure the continued fulfillment of requirements. You contribute to regulatory submissions of new devices.
- You build a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process, especially the steps related to cleaning, packaging, and sterilization, to effectively plan new development and validation activities. You create and finalize validation protocols and reports ensuring they are clear, concise, and compliant to work instructions and standards. You assess the impact of the process or product changes and propose adequate actions. You plan and follow up on test sample production with the manufacturing team and suppliers. You coordinate tests performed at external test labs.
- You interact closely with internal stakeholders (including the Quality, Development, Process Engineering, and Manufacturing teams) and external partners (including test labs and suppliers) to ensure good communication and swift collaboration.
- You act as an ambassador and safeguard biological safety within Materialise Medical.
- Master's degree (engineering, biochemistry, biology, or medical)
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, standards, and guidance documents in the field of biocompatibility evaluation, cleaning validation, packaging development, or sterilization validation of medical devices
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and establish short and long-term planning horizons
- Effective as a team member to accomplish project deadlines and objectives, yet able to work and make decisions independently to reach goals
- Clear and effective verbal communication and technical writing skills in English
- Good analytical skills, meticulous approach with a high level of attention to detail
- Passionate about patient safety and customer satisfaction
- Previous experience in the medical device industry is a plus
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Associate-level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.