All about the manual fixing tools in Materialise Magics
You can do fixing in three different ways in Magics: you can apply automatic fixing, you can use the fix wizard for semi-automatic fixing tools, or you can use the manual fixing tools. This tutorial explains the manual fixing tools, which are only needed in exceptional cases to assist the automatic or semi-automatic tools at a specific fixing step. We also have tutorials on the automatic and semi-automatic fixing options.
Materialise Magics Software Download Trial
Description of the different steps
1. Find the manual fixing tools in the Fix ribbon, in the Manual options in the Fix Wizard.
- Normals: Go to the Normals page, and invert a triangle, shell, marked region, or complete part.
- Stitching: Define a tolerance and the number of iterations, click on Stitch.
- Noise shells: Click on Detect Noise, and then Delete Selected Shells.
- Holes: Select the hole and the fixing algorithm (Planar, Ruled or Freeform), click on Fill Hole.
- Triangles: Detect Intersecting, and then Unify or Trim Marked as needed. Unmark and Reset coloring when finished.
- Overlaps: Detect Overlapping, and then Remove Sharp as needed. Unmark and Reset coloring when finished.
- Shells: Inspect the list of shells. If needed, Unify shells.