How to view files in Materialise Magics
How much can be said about viewing files in Materialise Magics? Quite a lot actually! Good viewing skills will allows you to check details of your part and inspect it for errors. In the tutorial below, we explain you how to pan, rotate and zoom in on parts. We’ll also explain different visualization modes.
Materialise Magics Software Download Trial
Description of the different steps
- Hold down your scroll wheel to pan the view.
- You can rotate your view by holding down the right button of your mouse. You will see a circle when you do so. If you click inside this circle, you’ll rotate your view in 3D. If you click outside of this circle, you’ll rotate your view in 2D.
- You can zoom in by scrolling up, and zoom out by scrolling down.
- To set a standard view, you can use the cube in the View tab in the View Pages. By clicking on the faces of the cube, you can change to standard view modes.
- To set a non-standard view, you can use the Indicate View Orientation button on the View ribbon. This function will re-orientate your view parallel to the triangle you click on.
- From the View tab in the View Pages, you can change the visualisation to shade, wireframe, shade-wireframe, triangle, and bounding box views. For most views, you can also toggle transparency on and off.
- The Multi-section tab in the View Pages gives you options for taking cross-sections on the X-Y-Z axes, or custom axes you can define.
- You can mark a group of triangles using the marking tools, and click on Hide Marked to hide the marked triangles. With Invert Triangle Visibility, you can hide visible triangles and vice versa. Make All Visible will make all triangles visible again.