How to repair (colored) 3D models with ShrinkWrap
Some parts have many inner errors that make them very hard to prepare for 3D Printing. Then it’s time to use the ShrinkWrap feature. The video below explains what this is and how to use it. ShrinkWrap repairs your 3D model without affecting color information.
Materialise Magics Software Download Trial
Description of the different steps
- Select your coloured part(s)
- If you’d like to shrinkwrap locally, use the marking tools to mark the region.
- Go to the Fix ribbon >> Shrinkwrap Part.
- If you’d like to shrinkwrap locally, switch to the Local tab.
- Determine the parameters for ‘shrinkwrapping’:
- Sample interval is the smallest size of detail that will be preserved.
- Gap fill will determine the minimum gap size that will not be bridged during ‘shrinkwrapping’.
- When organic shape is enabled, the algorithm tries to anticipate the original geometry as an organic shape with curved features.
- Add extra thickness can be used to prevent disappearance of thin walls.
- Once your settings are ready, click on Apply.