The Critical Role of 3D Printing in Hip Treatment: How Skeletal Stem Cells Can Augment the Outcome.
Tue, March 19, 2019
4:00 - 5:00 PM CEST
by Prof. Douglas Dunlop,
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon Southampton University Hospital, UK
This webinar will give you key insights into…
- Why prof. Dunlop believes additive manufacturing (or 3D Printing) offers a significant opportunity for orthopaedic practice, bone tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine.
- The benefits of combining accurate clinical diagnostics with template planning and custom-made implants, including hands-on examples and testimonials.
- The very first case series study focusing on 11 patients treated with complex hip replacement surgery involving 3D-printed implants with SSCs seeded on to the implant surface to restore the anatomy and improve the skeletal biology.
- How to significantly improve the Oxford Hip Score (OHS) between preoperative and post-operative scores of 11 patients that underwent hip revision surgery.
- The hands-on story of a 72-year-old patient with painful loosening of left THR acetabular component following a complex history of revisions for recurrent aseptic loosening who, after surgery, benefits from extensive (grade 3) new bone formation at the bone/implant interface.