Qualifications & Experience
- You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code.
- You’ll identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
- You will help to maintain code quality, organization, and automation. In other words: you ensure coding standards are followed and help implement good programming practices within the team.
- You gladly take part in building and supporting cross-product platforms.
- You will be responsible for conducting code review and consult on technical topics.
- You work in team and interact with other teams across the organization to understand the software requirements, for suggestions for improvements and design.
- You proactively participate in technical discussions and meetings that can contribute to better understanding of the component design & implementation.
- You have (commercial) experience in software application development and consider yourself proficient in C++.
- A knack for maintainability: you can read code you wrote more than 6 months ago, feeling only minor levels of shame, and understand what it does on sight. People have reviewed your code before and did not run away crying;-).
- You have good communication and problem-solving skills.
- You have a good understanding of SDLC and are familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- You have great attention to details, a sense of curiosity, and you show willingness to take responsibility and show initiative.
- You have successful experiences with working in hybrid teams.
- At least a strong intermediate level of English, both written and spoken.
- Most of all, you love taking ownership, you are curious, resourceful, and would like to put your stamp on our innovative solutions.
- Would be considered a major plus:
- Experience with Qt
- Experience with 3D modeling, CAD, 3D printing, image processing
- A good understanding of object oriented design and functional design concepts
- Cross-platform development (and familiarity with e.g. Python, CMake, ...)
- Familiarity with generic programming and patterns, templates, and STL