Materialise Masterclass in Metal 3D Printing
Shorten the Metal 3D Printing learning curve with our masterclass in Metal 3D printing. Learn the best practices for implementing Metal AM into your facility and gain deep insights to optimize your processes and use of tools.
Who Should Attend
Professional users of Metal 3D Printing looking to gain theoretical and practical knowledge into the different aspects and challenges of Metal AM, with a specific focus on the Laser Melting technology. Suggested for users with zero to two years of experience.
- Shorten the learning curve for Metal AM proficiency from at least three months to two days
- Gain the knowledge to improve printing processes and understand errors and how to repair them
Available Training Formats
- Online - Flexible access to online training and 12 hours of interactive live instruction. Participants have 3 weeks to complete the training, get questions answered by Materialise experts, and acquire certification.
- In-person - 2 full-day, interactive training sessions facilitated by Materialise experts held at locations across the globe with networking opportunities. Food and refreshments included.
Price for 2-Day Course
Online: 1000 EUR / 1250 USD
In-person: 1500 EUR / 1875 USD per person – including lunch and refreshments.
- Introduction to Metal AM – Discuss market insight, opportunities, and applications
- Laser melting process – Understand the entire process as well as residual stresses, their origins and their consequences
- Machine components – Learn about recoating systems, optics gas flow, and interactions in build chambers
- Tour – Experience how a 3D printing factory manages Metal AM
- Metal AM powder – Examine various materials, their properties, and how to safely handle and recycle them
- Design considerations – Discover technology limitations and design guidelines with examples
- Orientation & positioning – Find out best practices and influencers of orientation and positioning with group practice
- Support generation – Pick up tips and tricks on the role of supports and their parameters
- Process considerations – Discuss melt pool influencers, part defects, and the link between processes and part density
- Scanning strategies – Explore various vector creations and their impacts on part properties
- Post-processing – Learn about common practices including how to apply heat treatment and its effects
- Q&A – Ask questions relevant to you
"The Masterclass is very helpful for people looking to learn about Metal 3D Printing from A to Z. I am sure what I’ve learned here will consistently help me in my daily work."- Seo K Min Hwang, Winfosys