How to apply a honeycomb structure in Materialise Magics
The tutorial below explains how to use the honeycomb structures feature and improve your parts for 3D Printing. The honeycomb structure allows to reduce weight and material usage while preserving strength and functional use of the part.
Materialise Magics Software Download Trial
Description of the different steps
- Select your part(s).
- Use the marking tools to determine the infill direction plane.
- You can also define a custom infill direction by changing to User defined instead.
- Determine the Wall thickness, Detail size, Hole diameter and Infill thickness.
- If you’d like to open perforations on the walls of the honeycomb structures, you can enable Perforations.
- Once your settings are ready, click on OK.