DSM Somos TetraShell software converts solid 3D design files into lightweight, hollow models that can be 3D printed using stereolithography to create high-quality patterns for investment casting or lost wax casting. As well as being well suited for creating prototypes, these 3D-printed patterns are ideal for tool validation and for casting small series of metal components.
Why work with Materialise Manufacturing?
Pairing TetraShell software with Materialise's stereolithography expertise lets you create high-quality, 3D-printed patterns for your investment casting or lost wax casting projects, eliminating the need for time-consuming and expensive tool production. With our patented Mammoth printers, you can even print patterns up to two meters long in a single build, reducing the risk of surface flaws.
Discover applications of Somos TetraShell
|Maximum build dimensions
The maximum build envelope is 2,100 x 700 x 800 mm
±0.2% (with a lower limit on ±0.2 mm)
For Somos Tetrashell projects we use TuskXC2700T.
Designed to simulate ABS, TuskXC2700T is a strong material that offers high resolution and a smooth surface. It is ideal for water-resistant prototypes and high-end finished models. Transparent finishes possible.
- Strong, water-resistant material with properties similar to ABS and PBT
- Great surface quality, with transparent finishes possible
- Among the largest printing volumes of stereolithography materials
- Fast Lane service available for online orders of TuskXC2700T – Basic finish, Support marks removed, or Support marks removed + sandblasted
- Max part dimensions: 2,000 x 700 x 788 mm
- Max part dimensions (Fast Lane orders): 100 x 100 x 100 mm
Work with us: discover our products and services
Need high-quality casting patterns for your next project? Discover the services that can help you do it.
Train and learn
Get more from your next project with helpful resources dedicated to 3D printing and Somos TetraShell.