Software Architect (Cloud)
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge in the medical field? Would you like to join our development team and stand at the forefront of tech innovation? We're looking for a Software Architect to join our team.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for defining and managing the architecture of one of our newest applications/platforms.
- You will provide and think about implementation work decomposition, estimates, and technology options.
- You will be the technical/architectural point of contact for your team and will share best practices with them.
- You will communicate and negotiate on architectural solutions and their implementation with the development team, other teams, and other departments.
- You will represent your team in the Materialise group of architects to communicate and negotiate on architectural solutions and their implementations
- You will actively participate in our agile working culture, including sprint planning, backlog refinement, and daily stand-up meetings.
- You’ll maintain architecture documentation.
- You’ll participate in Materialise’s activities related to cloud solutions and provide appropriate advice.
- You have sound knowledge of software engineering and architectural principles and methods
- You have detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, information management, big data, etс
- You have experience with distributed systems and asynchronous/messaging patterns
- You value software quality and have a good sense of non-functional requirements for software and programming code such as performance, maintainability, and usability
- You are proficient in .NET with a profound knowledge of language specifications
- ReST API, HTTP, XML/JSON
- Cloud and serverless computing experience: AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes...
- MS SQL Server and no-SQL databases
- MVC and WPF experience
- Continuous integration tools (Git, Azure Devops)
- ReactJS Framework
- You have a deep understanding of information systems, key technologies, and constraints
- Experience in modeling languages
- Good communication skills to work in a distributed team
- Good level of both oral and written English: at least upper-intermediate
- Agile/Scrum Mindset
- You currently reside and are eligible to work in the Barcelona region (either as a freelancer or as a professional)
Location and type of contract
- You will start up fully remotely and after some months you will be able to work alongside your colleagues at our (brand new) collaborative office space in the Barcelona region. You can work remotely to up to 60% of your time.
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.