We're offering an inspiring and challenging job as a Software Architect with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust, and team spirit.
What you will do
- Be responsible for defining and managing the architecture of a few of our applications/platforms
- Provide and think about implementation work decomposition, estimates, and technology options
- Be your team's technical/architectural point of contact and share best practices with them
- Communicate about and negotiate architectural solutions and their implementation with the development team, other teams, and other departments
- Represent your team in the Materialise group of architects to communicate about and negotiate architectural solutions and their implementations
- Actively participate in our agile working culture, including sprint plannings, backlog refinements, and daily stand-up meetings
- Maintain architecture documentation
- Participate in Materialise’s activities related to cloud solutions and provide appropriate advice
- You show a proven track record in managing software architecture in an agile development organization
- You have sound knowledge of software engineering and architectural principles and methods
- You have detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, information management, big data, etс.
- You have experience with distributed systems, asynchronous/messaging patterns
- You value software quality and have a good sense of non-functional requirements for software and programming code such as performance, maintainability, and usability.
- You have experience with/working knowledge of Java SE, Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate, Liquibase, the design of modern cloud-native apps (Docker, Kubernetes, micro-services, and DevOps), cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and surrounding tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Storage, etc.)
- You can walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
- Experience designing and developing integrations and interactions with other systems and applications
- You are familiar with networking technologies and DevOps tools related to software solution design. (REST, gRPC, graphQL, terraform,…)
- You are familiar with front-end technologies like Typescript, NodeJS, and React
- You have at least a basic knowledge of agile working methods (such as Scrum, Kanban) and are eager to be part of a self-organizing team.
- Wide knowledge of the IT market and trends.
- You have excellent (English) communication and presentation skills.
- You’re a lateral thinker with a helicopter view, capable of finding appropriate possible solutions to challenges.
- You love taking ownership in helping Materialise in our mission to help companies across different sectors (aerospace, automotive, medical, industrial, …) scale their additive manufacturing workflows, further propelling Industry 4.0.
- There will be periodic business trips to the USA, approximately six times a year.
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.