Team Lead Phits
We are looking for a Team Lead for our Phits production team. Phits are made in Motion, a Materialise company located in Paal, Beringen. The Phits team is responsible for finishing high-quality, customized insoles. This is not a 3D printing environment, but an environment where the craft of customizing and finishing 3D-printed insoles is kept to a high standard.
What you will do
- You are responsible for the production process (assembly) of custom orthotics, including systematic raw material and product testing, quality control on incoming and outgoing goods, shipment, and (limited) handling of deviations.
- You will manage a team of 4-5 production operators.
- You will closely work together with other departments in our company to ensure timely availability of product for our customers, in line with our service level agreements.
- You will secure the product quality in line with the agreed standards on a daily base, by direct follow-up of the production.
- You will need to follow up on all production-related activities from incoming materials down to packing, labeling, documentation, and shipment and proactively locate, escalate and solve bottlenecks.
- Secure compliance of all production steps with human safety, regulations, …
- Coordination of material availability for the required production volumes in collaboration with procurement and typical supplier lead times, improvements in efficiency, product quality, and production processes.
- Support the scheduled investments in new production infrastructure and capacity extension.
- Closely follow up with our subcontractor(s), including an important partner in North America.
- Internal communication with different stakeholders (sales, support, and others).
- You will act as a backup to the Footscan pressure plate production team leader and vice versa.
- You will report to the Production & Operations Manager.
- Strong team leadership skills
- Able to communicate with all levels in an organization
- Experience with the production of custom-made products
- Minimally an understanding of the orthotics market or similar
- Eager to learn and self-starter
- Fluent in spoken and written English (subcontractor contact).
- Flexible, able to work in a continuously changing and strongly growing market.
- Strong preferences for Bachelor in Orthopedics or Podology but successful track records in other life science industries will also be considered.
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.