Customer Solutions Architect
Do you have a strong and adaptive communication style? Do you have solid development experience in Python? Join us as a Customer Solutions Architect.
What you will do
- You are the direct link between the Materialise software key customers and the software engineering group.
- Account management will involve you when an “off the shelf” solution is insufficient for a customer’s needs.
- You build deep relationships with our customers' stakeholders and leadership to enable them to be Materialise advocates.
- You facilitate and activate solution-driven discussions during meetings with customers, guiding them through the Materialise portfolio and giving well-founded advice on their requirements.
- You maintain close contact with the customer to learn what they need, and you can articulate their business and technical needs and expectations. Based on their needs and your knowledge of the Materialise portfolio you can define a custom solution.
- You are responsible for defining and documenting architecture and solutions and documenting both functional and non-functional (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and technical aspects of responses to tender requests.
- You are the pre- and post-sales technical owner of customer solutions built using the Materialise Software Portfolio, having full knowledge and overview across products.
- When custom development is required, you are responsible for developing the solution with the possibility of toolsets created by Materialise or translating the expected technical solution to the stakeholders within the Materialise software engineering group.
- You follow the progress of the solution being built and act as a technical single point of contact between the customer and engineering teams
- In cooperation with the Materialise project manager, you are responsible for the correct implementation and delivery of the solution to the customer and the handover of knowledge and information regarding this solution to the support teams.
- You remain the technical point of contact for the customer and Materialise support teams throughout the solution delivery life cycle.
- Within your peer group, you actively contribute to continuous improvement through knowledge sharing and group discussions.
- You are willing to travel to customer sites to facilitate technical discussions.
- Adapt content and style to the intended audience
- Present with a high degree of comfort while speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills in English
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ideal candidates will have more than three years of experience in the IT industry or IT technical sales with a proven track record of solution delivery expertise, AM industry knowledge is always a plus.
- You are a problem solver, self-learner, and possess an analytic mindset
- In collaboration with stakeholders, you are able to develop an idea from proof of concept through prototype to commercial product.
- You have deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline (idea to production).
- Hands-on experience developing in Python for production use.
- Hands-on experience in testing (pytest and unit testing).
- Experience working in an Azure DevOps, CI/CD, TFS, Git environment.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL principles and experience creating ad-hoc queries using Juypter notebooks and Microsoft SQL Studio; Experience of documenting computer systems / deployments / interactions using a structured approach, such as C4, 4+1, UML.
- A broad general knowledge of IT technologies including TCP/IP Networking, the OSI networking model o Markup formats Markdown, ReStrutured Text, html, XML and related standards
- A broad general knowledge of Microsoft server-based technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory etc.
- A broad general knowledge of Linux / AWS
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.