3D Printing Algorithm Engineer
Are you an excellent strategic and critical thinker? Do you have a positive, can-do attitude with a high level of dedication? Do you love additive manufacturing and have excitement for Industry 4.0? Then it's you we are looking for to join our team as a 3D Printing Algorithm Engineer!
What you will do
- Develop world-class 3D printing software with a focus on geometric algorithms
- Drive the development of cutting-edge software features from inception to product release
- Bring innovative features to our users from underlying algorithms to an intuitive user interface
- Need experience in object-oriented design and development
- Develop 3D graphics or computational geometry
- Work with a diverse team of developers, engineers, and designers
- Initiate and complete complex projects alone and on time
- Need strong knowledge of C/C++ 3D perception, point cloud processing, surface reconstruction, mesh processing, computational geometry, performance optimization
- If you feel comfortable you may work hybrid or fully remote from your home office, whilst staying virtually connected with your colleagues in your team.
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) or higher degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Materials Science or similar. Ph.D. qualification desirable
- Experienced with solid mechanics
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent strategic and critical thinker SaaS Startup experience a plus
- Experience with 3D printing tools like SolidWorks, Netfab, ANSYS, GrabCad, or Materialise
- Knowledge of consumer product development and B2B enterprise manufacturing solutions
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude with a high level of dedication.
- A proactive approach to identifying and solving problems before they arise.
- Ability to be creative, resourceful, and autonomous in a startup environment
- Enthusiasm and excitement for additive manufacturing and Industry 4.0
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.