Technical Consultant - Structural Heart Team
Have you worked in the cardiovascular field or worked with clinicians? Have you provided clinical field support or customer support for technical products? Would you enjoy aiding clinicians in planning for new, innovative procedures? Do you have an interest in helping to steer product development to create products that fit market needs? Then we have the perfect job for you! We have a great opportunity for a Technical Consultant of a new software platform to support cardiologists planning complex structural heart procedures. As a Technical Consultant out of our Plymouth, MI facility, you will support and become a content expert on the Materialise suite of software that supports Interventional Cardiology.
What you will do
- Become a content expert on structural heart procedure planning (namely transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR), transcatheter tricuspid valve replacement (TTVR), and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures)
- Provide Case Planning services to clinicians to support pre-procedural investigation
- Product steering to ensure development creates tools driven by market needs and market differentiators
- Test and support software during development stage
- Provide market insights towards R&D teams
- Develop clinical relationships with key opinion leaders
- Conduct clinical research to support and create more clinical evidence around 3D patient planning
- Lead discussions to understand customer need as it links to our planning solutions.
- Give presentations to small and large audiences
- Conduct training classes for customers
- Assist with technical expertise at trade shows (some travel required)
- Master’s degree required, concentration in engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a customer facing role is ideal
- Excellent computer skills required
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are a must
- Experience with Mimics or 3D medical modeling software is a plus
- Cardiovascular-related experience preferred
- Clinical research experience a plus
- Organized and self-motivated
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.