As a Business Developer, you will be in the driver’s seat of identification and development of (new) partnerships in our Materialise Motion unit, focusing on digital solutions in the clinical and general “motion” space. Our product portfolio currently consists of 2D and 3D measuring equipment, analysis software, and custom orthotics.
What you will do
- You will set up strategic partnerships in various industry segments primarily in, but not limited to, the DACH region: address new and existing partners, uncover their needs, and spot relevant partnership solutions/opportunities. You will create alliances by leveraging each other’s technologies and expertise, so we can bring new or improved portfolio solutions to the market.
- You will develop comprehensive partnership proposals for projects that include hardware, software, and meaningful applications such as custom orthotics, and coordinate onboarding with the relevant internal teams.
- You will also investigate and roll out new business models in collaboration with market managers and sales. You are responsible for co-crafting the price, position, and value statement of the final solution.
- You will report acquired market insights to market management and, in doing so, contribute to our overall market strategy.
- You’ll represent Materialise Motion at various customer events and industry forums.
- Master’s degree or college - university in business or management
- Demonstrated success (of 5+ years) in a similar position (preferably with a background working within the “motion” space (foot clinicians, sports performance labs, … and with software);
- Contract revision, contract negotiation, creation, and implementation of new business models, value-based selling, and price setting hold no secrets for you.
- You are comfortable communicating with sales, marketing, engineering, legal, finance, …, both internally and externally including C-level.
- You have excellent listening, coaching, and presentation skills in English and German (other languages are a plus).
- You possess good commercial skills and can identify with and understand the partner’s situation and motives.
- You have a strong enthusiastic slam dunk attitude, and describe yourself as influential, pragmatic, and hands-on.
- You’re at your best when you can work in a growing, fast-paced company in a rapidly changing industry.
- You’re keen to learn more about motion space and about our product portfolio.
- You will report to Materialise Motion Director of Marketing.
Location and type of contract
- You are willing to travel 30-50% of your time throughout Europe (mainly DACH region and to Belgium)
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.