Backend Java Developer
Are you looking for an exciting and innovation-driven work environment? Would you like to apply your creative problem-solving skills to design and develop new features? Then it's you we are looking for to complete our team as a Backend Java Developer in New Jersey, Princeton!
What you will do
- Interact with the product team to understand new functional requirements
- Participate in an agile development team to rapidly design, develop, test, and deploy new features
- Utilize the latest tools and technologies to deliver a world-class product
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork skills
- Continually learn to keep skills up to date with fast-changing trends
- Consider yourself passionate about or having an interest in 3D printing
- Strong in Core Java fundamentals and Object Oriented Programming concepts Knowledge of web service programming such as REST or SOAP
- Experience with testing using tools like JUnit or TestNG and methodologies like TDD
- Working knowledge and understanding of data models, databases e.g., MySQL
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- 5+ years of experience and/or advanced degree in relevant field of education Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) is preferred
- Knowledge of agile development principles is preferred
- Experience with at least 1 code versioning system (Git, SVN, etc.) * is preferred
- Experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies preferred
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.