Production Team Leader
Do you have experience in a production environment and are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and high-tech environment? Then our Production Team Leader position might be for you!
What you will do
- You will manage your team towards operational success on a daily basis.
- Work with planners and make sure the planning translates into task distribution on the production floor. You take actions where needed to balance load and capacity and work towards solutions in case of imbalance and escalate where needed.
- You are responsible for the quality of the delivered products and will ensure processes are followed as described. You have a hands-on mentality.
- You are a decision maker for the topics that fall under your responsibility.
- You will motivate your team and follow-up on their performance (people management)
- You are a good communicator. You give feedback continuously, both positive and possible improvement points.
- You create a positive and constructive atmosphere, but you are strong enough to expect discipline on what is agreed.
- You are the driver of continual improvement in your team
- You take part in the weekly quality meetings on the total process as a spokesperson of your team, where topics your team encounters can be escalated up or where actions can be defined to be taken up in the team
- You encourage a critical mindset towards continual improvement. You have and create a mindset of flexibility towards solutions, rather than focusing on problems.
- You make sure your team has the right tools, equipment, skills, and competencies to execute their tasks.
- You are the spokesperson and go-to person of your team both horizontally and vertically in the organization
- You are in the middle between company and people. You are a good listener and understands both the needs of the people and the company.
- You understand the needs of your peers, the processes before and after your responsibilities, and work together with them towards optimal cooperation.
- A good team player and a good communicator
- Able to take responsibility and ownership, and make decisions on the level of responsibility team members have
- Able to act under time pressure or stressful situations
- Hands-on, practical attitude. Solution-oriented and continuous improvement mindset
- Disciplined in procedural follow-up. Quality and customer-oriented mindset
- Proficient in Dutch, good knowledge of English, good communication skills
- Computer skills: you will use Outlook and Office. Specific tools and databases are an important part of the workday;
- Experienced in managing a team of motivated production workers.
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.