Vice President — Medical
Materialise has enabled several medical breakthroughs using medical images to bring personalized planning, instrumentation, and devices to clinicians around the world. Our experience in everything from image processing to additive manufacturing and clinical engineering enables us to act as a backbone for the medical sector and partner with major medical device companies and hospital groups. As of January 2024, our current Medical VP will take on a broader leadership role, and we're looking for someone to sustain the Medical unit’s growth and secure seamless continuity. As VP of Medical, you will be responsible for the department's services, products, and profit/loss to guarantee the execution of our strategy.
What you will do
- Draw up and implement the strategy and business plan of the Medical Business Unit to ensure that the strategic long-term goals are achieved
- Drive execution of an ambitious plan across departments, including R&D, Operations, Quality & Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Sales
- Coach and work on the development of your global team to ensure their competencies, skills, and know-how are used and developed to their full potential and to work as a well-functioning entity
- Manage the Medical Business Unit's budget to organize different activities and guarantee results within the financial plan
- Be a contributive leader in the Director Committee, driving collaboration to ensure we achieve our company's growth, vision, and strategy
- Identify growth opportunities based on market analysis and close contact with the end customer, and deliver marketing strategies to turn opportunities into executable growth plans
- Stay well-informed about the evolution and development of our products and services, and keep your knowledge up to date to strengthen the value proposition canvas
- You've enjoyed a successful career within leadership roles in the Healthcare/Life Science Industry, with a focus on commercial roles and additional experience in R&D or Operations
- You have experience in commercializing medical devices in the US and major EU markets
- You are a strong commercial leader who can provide an in-depth understanding of customer value chains, business needs, market conditions, and industry trends.
- You show distinctively strategic thinking and acting
- You use quantitative and qualitative targets to stay focused on the strategy execution and objective achievement
- You've proven excellent people management skills
- Your interpersonal skills are key for long-term relationships with different stakeholders
- Your outstanding business understanding allows you to see and create new opportunities and translate them into specific business requirements.
- You are proactive, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and show perseverance
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Executive level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.