Technical Team Lead (Front-End)
We are looking for a technical team lead for our Colombia office's newly formed development team. You will (initially) combine the role of team lead with a part-time role as a front-end developer. As our growth continues, we need experienced individuals to ensure that we continue to meet and exceed the demands of our clients' fast-growing industrial 3D printing production environments.
What you will do
- Lead and develop a pioneer team of (front-end) developers in Colombia in close collaboration with the software development management.
- Develop and apply your entrepreneurial and leadership qualities combined with a meaningful technical contribution to the deployment, architecture, and features of the applications on the CO-AM platform.
- Be the local point of contact for global software development (USA, Belgium, etc.)
- Contribute to software development by gathering and clarifying requirements, managing projects, and providing technical solutions.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable, and readable code that is easy to maintain.
- Participate in an agile development team to rapidly design, develop, test, and deploy new features.
- Continually learn to keep skills up to date with fast-changing trends.
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant field (e.g., software development team lead, architect role, or front-end development)
- Strong communication (English) and leadership skills
- You are proficient in React and Typescript
- You have knowledge of HTTP standards such as REST
- You have experience with Typescript, CSS, and methodologies like Test Driven Development
- You have a proven track record in clean code fundamentals and design patterns and apply Object Oriented Programming concepts
- An analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven experience leading a software development team is preferred
- A broad knowledge of front-end frameworks (Vue, Angular, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with multitier architectures and state management is preferred
- Experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud platform development, specifically with AWS or Azure is preferred
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle (SDLC) processes is preferred
Location and type of contract
- Medellin, Colombia
- Hybrid role
- Mid-senior level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.