Technical Consultant — Structural Heart or Thoracic Surgery
Would you enjoy aiding clinicians in planning new, innovative procedures? Do you have an interest in helping to steer product development to create products that fit market needs? Then we have the perfect job for you! We have a great opportunity for a technical consultant of new software and service solutions to support cardiologists or thoracic surgeons planning complex structural heart and lung procedures. As a technical consultant, you will become a content expert on the Materialise suite of software and services that brings mass personalization to structural heart or thoracic procedures.
What you will do
- Become a content expert on structural heart procedure planning: transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR), transcatheter tricuspid valve replacement (TTVR) and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures, LAAO (left atrial appendage occlusion) or thoracic surgery planning: minimally invasive lung surgery, including segmentectomies and lobectomies.
- Build relations with early innovators and early adopters and their usage of our planning software.
- Conduct clinical research to support and create more clinical evidence around 3D patient planning.
- Drive hospital therapy development/sales projects with targeted hospitals in close collaboration with the Market Development team. Engage with clinicians when needed for pre-procedural planning, and coordinate planning services as a first-point-of-contact with internal services teams.
- Support MDC collaboration/sales projects through clinical and technical know-how.
- Assist with technical expertise at conferences.
- Lead discussions to uncover customer needs that link to our planning solutions.
- Product steering to ensure R&D creates tools driven by market needs and market differentiators.
- Provide market insights to R&D teams and provide feedback during software development.
- Master’s degree, preferably in biomedical Engineering, biomedical sciences, bioscience engineering, commercial engineering, or related fields.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role, ideally as a technical/clinical expert in a healthcare environment. Experience in a commercial role is a plus.
- Your network skills are well-developed, you can easily enter new environments and you love being in the field.
- You are able to demo 3D planning software solutions in a convincing way.
- Your presentation and communication skills are top-notch. With these skills, you can easily convince your stakeholders.
- You have a can-do mentality, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a positive mindset.
- Knowledge or experience in the field of cardiovascular and/or pulmonology is preferred.
- You are willing to travel between 30-40% of your time to meet up with KOLs and MDCs and attend conferences.
Location and type of contract
- Permanent contract
- Associate-level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.