Do you have a heart for sustainability, and are you passionate about making our company, people, and business more sustainable? If so, you are the Sustainability Coordinator we’re looking for! We ramped up our sustainability effort in the last few years and will continue to do so in 2023 and beyond. However, as awareness increases in society and regulations become even stricter, we need someone to help us achieve our ambitions and bring our sustainability roadmap to life.
What you will do
- Support with project management and coordination to fulfill the targets in our sustainability roadmap.
- Manage and align the projects related to the sustainability program.
- Identify new projects together with stakeholders to reach our ambitious targets.
- Engage with our company-wide business owners to set up projects and share our discoveries across the sustainability community.
- Reduce our CO2 emissions by 50% by 2025.
- Identify projects to further reduce our carbon footprint.
- Measure, make prognoses, and report on our corporate CO2 emissions.
- Develop a system for measuring and tracking the impact of projects on our CO2 emissions, ensuring transparency on our progress.
- General sustainability coordination tasks, such as answering sustainability questionnaires from customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure we keep living up to sustainability certifications by answering benchmarking questionnaires like UN GC, Ecovadis, and other upcoming regulations.
- Coordinate input for internal and external communications.
- Bachelor's degree in sustainability, environmental management, or equivalent by experience.
- Strong project management skills; project management certification is a plus.
- Experience with carbon footprint calculation.
- Understanding of common sustainability frameworks and upcoming regulations (GRI, CSRD, etc.).
- Understanding of additive manufacturing/3D printing materials and technologies is a plus.
- Practical, pragmatic, and hands-on approach; plus, able to get things done in a matrix organization.
- Enthusiastic about sustainability.
- Outgoing and communicative.
- Project-based working, structured, and thorough with an eye for detail.
- Confident enough to follow up on projects and, in the future, lead projects and communicate with senior employees/management.
- You are organized and skilled at setting priorities.
- You share our passion for a better and healthier world.
Location and type of contract
- Hybrid role
- Permanent contract
- Entry-level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.