Mid-senior levelKyiv, UkraineHybridFull-timeSoftware Engineering & Research
Software Test Engineer (Manual)
Software Engineering & Research
We are looking for a manual tester to join our Magics team.
What you will do
- Define the test approach and scope of the work for the software delivery you are assigned to within the context of each program increment in a Product or Solution Master Test Plan.
- Create test plans, test cases, test data sets, and test reports based on the software requirements, customer-specific E2E flows, standard operating procedures, and regulatory requirements where applicable. The tests defined can be manual and/or automated.
- Critically peer review test plans of fellow test engineers.
- Critically review features and user stories to increase testability and clarity, perform gap analysis, and suggest opportunities for improvement. You do this by communicating directly with software engineers, test engineers, and functional analysts.
- Execute both functional and non-functional tests and document the test results. Create detailed bug and issue reports and appropriately record them in the applicable systems.
- As a test engineer, you participate in PI detailing, planning session, and backlog refinement workshops to identify and define integration and test backlog items.
- Interact with the development teams (in an international context) and other test teams to improve the applied software quality assurance approaches and coordinate and facilitate the overall integration tests.
- Ensure compliance with corporate quality standards and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide (definition, setup and deployment, maintenance of) test environments for product and solution demos and (user acceptance) testing. Automation of test environment setup and teardown is key in this responsibility.
- You keep your knowledge up to date within the context of the technical evolutions in programming, scripting, and testing.
- Excellent knowledge of (manual) testing methodologies
- Familiarity with desktop and/or CAD/design packages is considered a plus
- Strong communicator
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- English — confident intermediate
- Team player, yet able to work independently and be responsible for your own tasks
- Familiar with the agile way of working (SAFe framework)
Location and type of contract
- Kyiv, Ukraine
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Having a healthy work-life balance
When creating a better and healthier world, a good place to start is with yourself. That’s why we encourage our employees to stay fit both physically and mentally by offering sports workshops and flexible hours with the possibility of working remotely.
Personal growth and career opportunities
Materialise invests in people and want to see them grow in a career that fits them best. We offer personal training to every employee, so they can access every available career opportunity.
It’s also important to enjoy working at Materialise. With initiatives such as memorable team-building activities, lively after-work drinks, and team lunches, we’re building a work environment in which our employees feel good.
Innovation is key
Innovation isn’t an empty word at Materialise. We create and deliver high-tech solutions in additive manufacturing. Innovation and leadership by our employees is both encouraged and rewarded.