Software Functional Analyst
As the Software Functional Analyst at Materialise, you will be the software product expert who serves as the link between the end users, commercial teams, and the software product development team (squad).
You will join the team responsible for one of Materialise’s key product lines: the CO-AM Software Platform. Materialise’s new open software platform provides a comprehensive 3D printing process management tool for industrial users.
What you will do
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Line Managers, Product Owners, and development team members
- Use your knowledge of our customers, product, and market, as well as your critical thinking skills, to identify client needs and requirements and translate them into detailed instructions for the development teams
- Prepare documentation about new features and functionalities for the software development teams, to ensure a clear understanding of what should be implemented in the next release
- When needed, assist with third-line support and conduct technical competition analysis and benchmarking (e.g,. performance, features)
- Requirement gathering: gather, develop, document, and validate business, functional, and technical requirements, including their acceptance criteria, ensuring the development team has a detailed understanding of expected deliverables
- Validations: help validate the developed features by performing beta testing
- Customer representation: represent the customer (internal and external) when meeting with the team by having regular direct contact with users. You have a good view of how users actually use the software. This is done in cooperation with the Product Line Managers, Product Owners, as well as the Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Operations teams
- Product kit: help the Product Owners ensure that the user manuals and release notes are available and updated before each release
- User experience: contribute to designing the UI and UX for your software products with the help of the UI/UX expert in the team
- Support: help the team provide third-line support to customers
- Competition analysis: you are responsible for technical (performance, features…) benchmarking of our products, compared to our competition, as part of roadmaps/strategy
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or in a business or technology-related field, or you acquired an equivalent level through practical experience
- Professional English language skills
- You have worked 4 years or more in software development, with at least part of that time in a product-focused position
- You have experience in agile development methodologies (SAFe is a plus)
- Being familiar with additive manufacturing and 3D printing is a plus
- Being familiar with cloud solutions is a plus
- Being familiar with MES systems is a plus
- Action-oriented and results-driven
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Strong communicator and listener, able to bring a coherent vision to all stakeholders
- A proactive and energetic team player
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.