Software Engineer Java
You will work in our Software Business Unit alongside our brand new daughter company Link3D, where, together, we provide companies with a platform of software tools that manage and control their 3D printing process more efficiently. You will help synergize and integrate Link3D and Materialise solutions. What it comes down to is that you will have a direct impact on our ability to help companies gain control over their manufacturing floor as they scale up their additive manufacturing capability into volume production.
What you will do
- Understand and analyze new functional requirements and design solution approaches.
- Participate in agile development teams to rapidly design, develop, test, and deploy new features.
- You work together with other experts in Java, C++, additive manufacturing, and sometimes all of the above.
- You proactively work together with other software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to identify needs and solutions, to understand their requirements, and to get the most value out of your deliverables.
- You show a proven and relevant track record in backend software development and are strong in Core Java fundamentals and Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- You have experience with cloud computing technologies and with developing/deploying/maintaining solutions in the cloud. (e.g. AWS)
- You have experience designing and developing integrations and interactions with other systems and applications.
- You have experience with/working knowledge of Data models, databases (e.g. SQL).
- You have experience with/working knowledge of Web service programming such as REST.
- You have experience with/working knowledge of CI/CD tools and processes.
- You have experience with/working knowledge of GIT, JIRA, ….
- Testing tools (e.g. JUnit) and methodologies (e.g. TDD)
- You have experience with/working knowledge of Preferably Spring and Spring Boot
- You thrive when you are able to work in a multi-disciplinary, international team.
- You have excellent listening, coaching, and presentation skills in English.
- You have an enthusiastic slam dunk getting things done attitude, and you describe yourself as pragmatic and hands-on.
- Last but not least, you love taking ownership in helping Materialise and Link3D in our joint mission to help companies across different sectors (aerospace, automotive, medical, industrial, …) scale their additive manufacturing workflows, further propelling Industry 4.0.
Location and type of contract
- You will work out of our Materialise HQ in Leuven (60% remote working possible) and collaborate on a daily basis with our Link3D colleagues in New Jersey, USA.
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.