We're offering an inspiring and challenging job as a Software Architect with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust, and team spirit.
What you will do
- Be responsible for defining and managing the architecture of a few of our applications/platforms
- Provide and consider implementation work decomposition, estimates, and technology options
- Be the technical/architectural point of contact for your team and share best practices with them.
- Communicate and negotiate on solutions and their implementation with the development team, other teams, and other departments
- Represent your team in the Materialise group of architects to communicate and negotiate on architectural solutions and their implementations
- Actively participate in our agile working culture, including sprint planning, backlog refinements, and daily stand-up meetings.
- Maintain architecture documentation
- Participate in Materialise’s activities related to cloud solutions and provide appropriate advice
- You show a proven track record in managing software architecture in an agile development organization
- You have sound knowledge of software engineering and architectural principles and methods
- You have detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, information management, big data, etс.
- You have experience with distributed systems and asynchronous/messaging patterns
- You value software quality and have a good sense of non-functional requirements for software and programming code such as performance, maintainability, and usability
- You have experience with/working knowledge of Java SE, Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate, Liquibase, the design of modern cloud-native apps (Docker, Kubernetes, micro-services, and DevOps), cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and surrounding tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Storage, etc.)
- You can walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
- You have experience designing and developing integrations and interactions with other systems and applications
- You are familiar with networking technologies and with DevOps tools related to software solution design. (REST, gRPC, graphQL, terraform,…)
- You are familiar with front-end technologies like Typescript, NodeJS, and React
- You have at least a basic knowledge of agile working methods (such as Scrum, Kanban) and are eager to be part of a self-organizing team.
- Wide knowledge of the IT market and trends.
- You have excellent (English) communication and presentation skills.
- You’re a lateral thinker with a helicopter view, capable of finding appropriate possible solutions to challenges.
- You love taking ownership in helping Materialise in our mission to help companies across different sectors (aerospace, automotive, medical, industrial, …) scale their additive manufacturing workflows, further propelling Industry 4.0
Location and type of contract
- Princeton, USA
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.