Senior Business Development Manager
To strengthen our team in Germany, we are looking for a new team member to join us as a Senior Business Development Manager. (m/w/d)
What you will do
- You are an important link between marketing & sales and research & production. In that sense, you will mainly work in close collaboration with the sales and metal teams and their leadership (Global Sales Director and Metal BU leader).
- Create and implement the product, sales, and marketing strategy for the metal segment worldwide together with the respective marketing and sales directors.
- Define and facilitate core business development activities in the metal regions where Materialise is active to ensure that potential commercial opportunities can be identified and realized.
- Design cost-effective yet innovative options for intelligent marketing and to boost sales.
- Maintain a good relationship with policymakers within the metal sector, external experts in the industry, and the authorities to ensure that we can anticipate changes or new developments and trends within the metal sector at any given moment.
- Select, participate, and give presentations in seminars and conferences.
- Closely following the market, contacting customers, and keeping up to date on what’s new in your area of expertise is essential.
- Conduct market research and analysis, identify key opinion leaders (KOL), and motivate them to work together with Materialise.
- Support the worldwide sales force so that it is able to continue the rapid growth of our business.
- Based on passion and drive, you go the extra mile to grow Materialise from a supplier to a partner for the customer.
- You will identify and contact new and high-potential customers for the metal market that can benefit from the use of 3D printing for manufacturing.
- Maintain contact with existing and potential customers to ensure that commercial relations can be developed even further and to build up strategic alliances. This is always in close cooperation and coordination with the respective local sales teams.
- You should be eager to take customers on the path of additive manufacturing; you will share your enthusiasm and convince customers of Materialise’s brand-new technology.
- You will assist in filling the international sales funnel for manufacturing customers.
- You have completed a degree in business administration (with a technical focus), electrical engineering, or something similar.
- Several years of experience in designing digital architectures and related business models within the area of technical business, preferably distribution grid or other critical infrastructures.
- Ideally, you have international work experience.
- You have a broad understanding when it comes to metal production and technical fundamentals.
- You have an agile mindset in addressing new markets and techniques based on customer-centered requirements.
- You have outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- You have fluent business English and German skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and you are willing to take responsibility.
- Strategic and creative thinking characterizes you.
- You can analyze complex technical matters.
- You are flexible and willing to travel.
- You are a confident, sociable, and trustworthy person.
- You are willing to address customers and enjoy working in an international team.
- You are strongly driven by intrinsic motivation and have a contagious enthusiasm.
- You are empathetic to customer requirements and decision drivers.
Location and type of contract
- Bremen, Germany
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.