We're looking for a research manager to expand our growing research and innovation team. As a market leader in image-based personalized solutions, we have developed and brought to market a large number of innovation applications, including image-based planning and guiding and implant solutions that allow patients to be treated in a much more optimized and personalized way. This research manager will lead part of the medical software research team and design the research roadmap for a particular market and/or technology topic in collaboration with the relevant market managers.
What you will do
- Create the vision and roadmap for research related to a specific market and/or specific technologies (initially the focus will be on CMF and predictive planning)
- Manage a team of (algorithm) researchers (including guiding, coaching, and motivating this team)
- Perform your own research
- Submit and support externally funded research projects related to the research of your team
- Support the collaboration of the team members in cross-functional agile teams working in the wider medical organization
- Support and drive a research community of practice focused on building research skills such as writing algorithms and coding proof-of-concept applications
- Understand the market and competitive situation related to your area of research by visiting customers and/or conferences and staying up to date on the state of the art in the field
- Communicate the research results and roadmap to a broader (less technical) audience
- An engineering degree in a technical and/or biomedical field
- A relevant PhD (or equivalent experience in writing journal papers and proposals for external funding)
- Experience with image-based algorithms and/or 3D algorithms
- Experience with coaching and guiding junior researchers
- Strong verbal and written English skills
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.