Research Engineer — MetaVision
We are seeking a research engineer to join us in a granted EU-funded project, (MSCA) 'MetaVision'. You will be responsible for the development of a quality control system for polymer AM builds by including small test parts for fast resonance (and other) testing. Correlation with other data collected during the process will also be investigated, in order to define strategies to stabilize the AM process and improve the final part quality. Applications with high-quality requirements (e.g. eyewear and aerospace) will be the main research target. EU Researcher allowances will be used to cover both the employee's as the employer's mandatory charges
The successful candidate will have the possibility of enrolling in a Ph.D. at KU Leuven within the EU (MSCA) project 'MetaVision'
What you will do
- Develop a quality control system for polymer AM builds by including small test parts for fast resonance (and other) testing
- Investigate correlation with the other process data gathered during the AM process by means of ML/AI and define mitigation strategies to stabilize the process
- Apply your research to applications with high-quality requirements, such as eyewear and aerospace
- Excellent BSc and MSc record in Engineering (Materials, Computer Science, Electrical or mechanical) or similar.
- Keen interest in additive manufacturing processes and materials
- Experience and interest in machine learning/AI
- Knowledge of signal processing
- You are a skilled Python user
- Other related technical skills are appreciated
- You have an interest in the economic/business aspects of industrial research and product development
- Fluent knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- You will be hired as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow
- You must not have had your residence or main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 36 months before the recruitment date
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.