R&D Engineer Standard Devices
The Materialise medical device portfolio comprises a broad range of solutions for cranio-maxillofacial (CMF) surgery, categorized into Standard and Personalized medical devices. As a development and innovation engineer, you will conduct research, innovation, and development activities for Standard products and contribute towards consolidating and expanding the Standard device portfolio.
What you will do
- Handle clinical and technical discussions with surgeons by gathering surgeon inputs, identifying market and user needs, and translating user needs into technical requirements
- Stay informed about new scientific and technological trends and market updates from the competition
- Assess the technical feasibility of new products by defining appropriate acceptance criteria, defining and performing appropriate V&V activities (lab testing, literature review, user feedback, prototyping), and presenting feasibility results during gate meetings
- Design new medical devices and improve existing devices by creating output documentation (design/system specifications), defining and executing verification and validation activities, creating and reviewing technical documentation (DHF and Technical File), maintaining and organizing design history files for medical devices, and designing transfer to relevant teams across the company
- Handle technical communication with subcontractors by designing products according to the chosen manufacturing methods and handling technical discussions with subcontractors
- Strong competencies in product design (including functional dimensioning, CAD, technical drawings, and numerical simulation tools), product industrialization, and standard production processes (such as milling, forging, and laser cutting), ideally related to medical bone screws and instruments
- Proficient in spoken and written English, in particular when it comes to technical documentation
- Can easily communicate with people within the team and partners, surgeons, and subcontractors
- Capable of adapting
- Can plan, execute, and work with minimal supervision and independent judgment
- Out-of-the-box thinking mentality
- Experience in managing project documentation according to the design control process within medical device DHF is preferred
- Knowledge of medical device regulation and quality management systems (ISO 13485) is preferred
Location and type of contract
- Paris, France
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.