QA Automation Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and results-driven test automation engineer to join our new development team in Medellin, Colombia. You will collaborate on a day-to-day basis with our office in New Jersey USA. Together, we provide companies with a platform of software tools that manage and control their 3D printing process more efficiently. You will have a direct impact on our ability to help companies gain control over their manufacturing floor as they scale up their additive manufacturing capability into volume production. As a software test engineer, you will be responsible for quality, performance, and acceptance testing of applications on our CO-AM platform. As our growth continues, we need experienced individuals that can help ensure that we continue to meet and exceed the demands of our clients as we rapidly evolve to handle our customer’s fast-growing industrial 3D printing production environments.
What you will do
- You will define, design, and write tests and test plans, based on the acceptance criteria.
- You will design, perform, and maintain test automation.
- You will participate in an agile development team to rapidly test, validate, and deploy new features.
- You will demonstrate attention to detail, a sense of curiosity, a willingness to take responsibility, and time management skills.
- You will demonstrate excellent teamwork and English communication skills.
- You will have the opportunity to continuously improve our test framework and processes and you will be able to connect with Test Engineers in other teams to improve and standardize Materialise’s test techniques.
- You have experience with testing using tools like JUnit or TestNG
- You have a good knowledge of different (web) test automation frameworks
- You have knowledge of web service programs such as REST or SOAP
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- 4+ years of experience and/or an advanced degree in a relevant field of education is preferred.
- You have knowledge of agile development principles and experience with at least 1 code versioning system (Git, SVN, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) is preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of data models, and databases e.g. MySQL is preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and methodologies is preferred.
- Python scripting/programming is preferred.
Location and type of contract
- Medellin, Colombia
- Hybrid role
- Associate-level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.