Software Project Manager
As a Software Project Manager, you will work in Materialise's Software business unit. This business unit develops and sells software products (standard, custom, and partner products) that provide an end-to-end software backbone for all 3D printing activities.
What you will do
- Take ownership of some of our complex projects. After a project is presented to management and approved, you will manage the planning, execution, and closing of the project. You are responsible for the project delivery to acceptance by internal and/or external customers.
- During the planning phase, you are responsible for creating the project plan, clarifying the project scope, budget, and timing as well as outlining the project management processes (project organization, communication management, risk management…).
- During the project, you will act as a leader and motivate the cross-functional project team to deliver a successful project. You will monitor issues/risks and keep stakeholders up-to-date accordingly.
- Be the owner of few of the project management processes at Materialise and can manage some key enterprise software projects. You act as an internal expert in terms of project management, providing project management expertise to less experienced project managers. You work on the development and improvement of project management tools, templates, and processes, including the alignment of project management processes and agile development processes.
- 3+ years of project management experience, including software development projects (or with a background in software development).
- You can translate strategy into comprehensive cross-functional project plans that are aligned with the broader organizational objectives.
- Monitor and optimize project planning, control scope, dependencies, and budget with customers.
- Ensure effective and efficient project communication, report the project status, and manage internal and external stakeholders and STEERCOs.
- Strong organizational skills to cope with multitasking, which results in a goal-oriented approach without losing attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in setting clear objectives, persuading others to accept new approaches, and gaining alignment on divergent issues.
- Excellent coordination skills to manage communications with partners and onsite and offshore developers.
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with understanding complex processes.
- You have an understanding of agile development processes.
- You are well organized, team oriented, and stress resilient.
- You have excellent communication and team leadership skills.
- You are pragmatic and a real problem solver.
- You speak English fluently. Knowledge of other languages can be an important asset.
- Affinity with 3D printing is an asset.
- Good understanding of project governance and governance, in general, is required.
- You are familiar with the project management framework certification (Prince2, PMI) and are used to working in an international environment.
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Contract of indefinite duration
- Associate level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.