As a Paralegal at Materialise, you will closely support all aspects of the Materialise group’s legal activities. You will become part of a small, professional, and collaborative team, contribute to our knowledge, help improve our processes and documentation, draft agreements, and provide high-quality in-house legal services to the entire company on an international level. We stimulate a culture of personal growth and development.
What you will do
- Establish an excellent working relationship with our legal counsels, patent attorneys, paralegals, and your business contacts
- Provide first-line legal support to the business by monitoring and filtering incoming legal requests, demonstrating flexibility in (re-)assessing priorities in line with business needs and the legal department’s strategy
- Develop cross-functional collaboration with other staff departments, such as procurement, finance, human resources, and research and development, to ensure a holistic approach to legal support
- Actively draft and prepare legal documents, conduct legal research, and assist in preparing compliance documentation in cooperation with the legal counsels
- Contribute to efficiency gains in the legal processes, such as creating new templates, managing our legal databases, establishing contract lifecycle management best practices, developing standard operating procedures, and analyzing digital tools that could further help automate routine legal tasks
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a legal support role either at a law firm or in an international company
- You have a bachelor’s degree in the legal field or have built up equivalent knowledge through professional experience
- You are fluent, both written and spoken, in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French, German, or any other language is an asset
- You have strong verbal and written communication and drafting skills
- You have a keen interest in information technology and additive manufacturing in a general sense
- You excel in nurturing a robust team culture within an open and dynamic work environment
- You are enthusiastic about working in a highly flexible culture and actively interested in shaping your career path with our support
- You are interested in a competitive salary package reflective of your skills and contributions
- You thrive within a hybrid work policy and are willing to be present at the office for a minimum of 2 days per week
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Associate level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.