Medical Product Development Team Leader
Starting from an idea or early concept, you and your team will gather input and generate possible designs. You will optimize the best solution through performance testing, safety testing, and input from surgeons or other health professionals. The output is a completely validated product that can be prepared for market launch. As team leader, you will spend part of your time on your own development projects. The other part will be spent on people management and team improvement projects.
What you will do
- Influence, advise, and manage a team of four product development engineers.
- Lead the team to ensure that commitments are achieved while continuous improvements are made. Ensure effective communication with team members and other stakeholders.
- Ensure team priorities are clear and deliverables are completed on time with excellent quality and efficacy.
- Define the scope, requirements, and specifications of development projects in collaboration with our internal and external clients and a team of surgeons.
- Spot opportunities for new medical device applications and technologies.
- Translate medical device ideas into development projects.
- Design medical devices such as guides and implants.
- Verify and validate product performance and safety.
- Report and document according to medical device standards.
- Assist in regulatory submissions.
- Provide input to the process development team.
- You have a master's degree in science or engineering (mechanical, biomechanical, biomedical or product design)
- You have experience in a leadership position within the medical device industry
- You enjoy coaching and working with people
- You are social and assertive
- You are creative with a passion for innovation
- You take pride in becoming a subject matter expert on various topics
- You enjoy seeking opportunities
- You can easily think in 3D and are proficient in 3D modeling
- You have excellent problem-solving skills
- You have knowledge of anatomy
- You are fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- You have an eye for detail
- You can think outside the box
- You have project management skills
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.