Medical Process Engineer
Materialise Medical has pioneered many leading medical applications of 3D printing and enables researchers, engineers, and clinicians to revolutionize innovative, personalized treatments that help improve and save lives. Today, we offer a growing range of patient-specific guides and implants on a growing global scale. To further drive and support this growth, we are looking for two Medical Process Engineers each with a different domain of focus. Our Medical Services Engineering team transforms each patient's MRI/CT images in a 3D model and successful plan, resulting in patient-specific guides and implant designs made with our in-house software solutions. Our Medical Production Operator team turns designs into reality using various 3D printing and post-processing techniques before conducting detailed quality inspection, final cleaning, and packaging.
What you will do
- As a process engineer within ‘Medical Services,’ you will work with the global services engineering, software development, and research teams on topics related to segmentation, 3D planning, 3D design, and overall process flows.
- As a process engineer within ‘Medical Production,’ you will work with the global production team on topics related to advanced 3D printing, post-processing, cleaning, and production planning. Your hands-on engineering approach allows you to become a technical expert and the go-to person for both development and operational questions.
- You identify, define, and implement process improvement following medical quality standards on the documentation and validation of your work. Data collected in both validation and operational setting allow you to continuously improve the operational quality and efficiency of our processes.
- You translate improvements into operational success by providing the right process documentation (work instructions), training, and support.
- Being at the heart of our process improvement cycle, you will enjoy close cooperation with stakeholders from operational, development, product, and research teams. Through involvement in a variety of activities and projects, we set up a growth trajectory in which you can shape your future within Materialise.
- You have a master's degree in engineering or equivalent through experience; initial experience with process improvements is considered a plus.
- The use of patient-specific design and 3D printing as key parts of a global supply chain sparks your curiosity; you have a strong interest in the medical device industry.
- You are quality oriented and have an eye for detail, but you also don’t get stuck on this; you are good at troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- You have a strong, versatile, and proactive work ethic, and you’re eager to learn.
- English and Dutch verbal and written communication skills.
Location and type of contract
- Entry level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.