We're looking for an IP liaison to protect our Medical departments' inventions, with a specific focus on invention harvesting. They will build up a wide network of R&D people within the BU and maintain regular and strong contact with the various R&D teams to capture new inventions as they are made.
What you will do
- Assist inventors in summarizing inventions in the Invention Disclosure Form
- Evaluate patentability
- Gather the necessary information and present the submitted inventions at regular IP review meetings
- Act as an intermediary between inventors and the external patent counsel, who will be responsible for the drafting
- Follow up on the drafting process
- A solid technical background (e.g., sciences, engineering, or similar); an ability to grasp a broad range of technologies
- Good analytical and synthetic skills: the ability to bring a complex matter down to its essence is a must
- Good communication skills
- Good networking skills
- An interest in intellectual property
- Prior experience with intellectual property is a bonus
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Associate level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.