Global Sales Director
As a global sales director, you are responsible for the global sales management of direct sales to hospitals, academia, and medical device companies, including devices and software. The area consists of US, EMEA, and Asia. You report to the Vice President of the medical business unit and you are part of the Global Medical Management Team.
What you will do
- You will define the global sales strategy. This means that you will identify and follow up on global and local trends, determine which regions need further development, determine the main customer profiles in your markets and identify key customers. You define which areas of growth should be realized and how, and keep the pulse of the regional market DNA to determine how best to align with it.
- You will develop and maintain strategic and profitable partner relations. You can rely on your market knowledge and wide network.
- You will define sales actions such as mailing actions, events, etc.
- You have revenue and margin responsibility for your global team.
- You are responsible for budget and target setting, including resource planning and marketing needs.
- You deliver monthly forecast reports to senior management.
- You are part of the Medical Management Team. You ensure that the sales plan is in line with the overall business unit strategy and objectives and tailored to the market situation and diversity in your scope.
- You actively monitor sales reporting (dashboards, KPI, forecasting,…) and follow up on the progress toward the targets set in the sales plans of your team members. You work with sales and account managers to help them realize their objectives and to overcome hurdles in making the sale.
- You analyze sales results and provide input on how the sales strategy can be improved and further fine-tuned based on your understanding of customer and market evolutions and sales expertise. You develop and propose solutions and guide their implementation.
- You coach the members of your team to help them realize their objectives and guide them in their professional development. You find numerous ways to influence, empower, and motivate team members to bring out the best in them in a way that inspires everyone to get better results.
- You guide your team in sales projects and activate them to make proper use of the supporting systems.
- As the people manager of the team, you will also be responsible for detecting training needs and working on the career development of your team members.
- You work with your team of sales managers to set individual sales objectives and sales plans for their accounts in line with the specific strengths of each.
- You maintain frequent contact with strategically important customers and/or prospects to ensure that a long-term relationship can be built up and, thus, the set turnover can be realized. You act as the account manager for select key customers.
- Oversee consistent pricing and the correctness of outgoing quotations and contracts to ensure that the customer is given an honest and correct proposal.
- Oversee that employees collect all required data that may have a key role when analyzing consumer behavior, positioning of competitive products, actions, sales techniques, and market position of the competition to ensure that correct and timely analyses can be carried out.
- You assure an alignment between the strengths and capabilities of your team members and the needs of the organization and market, in order to maximize your team’s impact with the available resources. You identify gaps and develop and propose actions where resources or skills are needed to meet objectives or where structural improvements can be made.
- Ensure that you are well informed about evolution within the field and your knowledge is up to date within the context of new developments to ensure your credibility can be strengthened by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
- Master's degree in business, engineering, or other relevant studies
- At least 10 years of experience in sales and business development
- Experience in technical solution selling within a B2B market
- Partnership mindset — trust builder
- Proficient knowledge of English is essential, any other language is an asset
- Good analytical skills, meticulous approach with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with people from different levels, both internally and externally, with excellent listening, coaching, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of current production techniques is a plus
- Good sales empathy skills — ability to identify with and understand the customer’s situation, feelings, and motives
- Willingness to exceed our customers' expectations
- Professional, self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial and able to work autonomously
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.