Customer Solution Architect
Do you have solution delivery expertise within the IT industry? And do you combine comprehensive software development understanding with eagerness to communicate with diverse stakeholders? Then you might be the one we are looking for to join our Software Delivery team as a Customer Solution Architect.
What you will do
- You are the direct link between the Materialise Software key customers and the Software Engineering group.
- You will be involved by Account Management when an “off the shelf” solution is insufficient for a customer’s needs.
- You build deep relationships with our customers' stakeholders and leadership to enable them to be Materialise advocates.
- You facilitate and activate solution-driven discussions during meetings with customers, guiding them through the Materialise portfolio and giving well-founded advice on their requirements.
- You maintain close contact with the customer to learn what they need, and you can articulate their business and technical needs and expectations. Based on their needs and your knowledge of the Materialise portfolio, you can define a custom solution.
- You are responsible for defining and documenting architecture, solutions, and both functional and non-functional (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and technical aspects of responses to tender requests.
- You are the pre- and post-sales technical owner of customer solutions built using the Materialise Software portfolio, having full knowledge and overview across products.
- When custom development is required, you are responsible for developing the solution with the possibility of toolsets created by Materialise or translating the expected technical solution to the stakeholders within the Materialise Software Engineering group.
- You follow the progress of the solution being built and act as a single technical point of contact between the customer and engineering teams
- In cooperation with the Materialise project manager, you are responsible for the correct implementation and delivery of the solution at the customer and the handover of knowledge and information regarding this solution to the support teams.
- You remain the technical point of contact for the customer and Materialise support teams throughout the solution delivery life cycle.
- Within your peer group, you actively contribute to continuous improvement through knowledge sharing and group discussions.
- You are willing to travel to customer sites to facilitate technical discussions.
- You have excellent communication skills
- Adapt content and style to intended audience
- Present with a high degree of comfort speaking to executives, IT management, and developers.
- Strong written communication skills in English
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ideal candidates will have more than three years of experience in the IT industry or IT technical sales with a proven track record of solution delivery expertise. AM industry knowledge is always a plus.
- You are a problem solver, self-learner, and possess an analytic mindset
- In collaboration with stakeholders, you are able to develop an idea from proof of concept through prototype to commercial product.
- You have deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline (idea to production)
- Hands-on experience developing in Python for production use.
- Hands-on experience in testing (pytest & unit testing).
- Experience working in an Azure DevOps, CI/CD, TFS, and Git environment
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL principles and experience creating ad-hoc queries using Juypter notebooks and Microsoft SQL Studio
- Experience in documenting computer systems/deployments/interactions using a structured approach, such as C4, 4+1, UML
- General knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, the OSI networking model
- General knowledge of Markup formats Markdown, ReStrutured Text, html, XML, and related standards
- General knowledge of Microsoft server-based technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, etc.
- General knowledge of Linux / AWS
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Associate level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.